Shift Manager – Brewing
Nigerian Breweries | NigeriaPosted 26 May
Exciting Career Opportunity as Shift Manager Brewing
Nigerian Breweries Plc is the pioneer and largest brewing Company in Nigeria. We are the home of great brands, with products formulated and brewed under the highest quality standards and procedures. Our rich portfolio of quality Lager, Stout, Non-alcoholics and Spirit make us stand out. From our first champion, Star Lager Beer to our youngest gems, we ignite memorable moments that bring us together and create unforgettable bonds. They help make the world a little better… one day, one beer, one cheers at a time!
What makes us great? It’s our people! A life with Nigeria Breweries Plc provides an enabling environment to grow your career in line with your aspirations. Come join the team!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our Supply Chain team as a Shift Manager Brewing.
The Shift Manager Brewing is responsible for ensuring that the safety agenda is implemented in area of responsibility (Brewing and Utilities), managing the entire process with the aim of reaching the planned quantities and production quality and improving the key performance indicators while striving for continuous improvement
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains a safe environment according to the applicable statutory, HEINEKEN and local regulations, policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages the brewing/utilities process and realizes the production plan by ensuring optimal engagement of people and oversees the interfaces with other production processes and sections.
- Sustains and improves product quality and process conditions in the brewing and Utilities, in compliance with the HEINEKEN and local quality standards, regulations and procedure
- Ensures the execution of the CIP activities to support proper hygiene standard. Also supports delivery of the maintenance plan, and controls the delivered maintenance services to the production assets
- Manages assigned project by developing an accurate plan, defining clear scope while allocating sufficient resources to achieve specific goals On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) and within budget
- Plans and deploys resources (people, materials, process and equipment) to meet customer needs safely whilst excelling at quality and balancing costs
- Produces and reports data in an accurate and timely way; analyzes and interprets this data and effectively communicates it to relevant stakeholders, in order to facilitate optimal decision taking
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class upper or 2nd Class lower with a Master degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pure Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Biotechnology and Biological sciences. A masters degree offers an added advantage.
- 4+ years of experience in a Manufacturing/Production environment preferably Brewing department or its equivalent.
- Membership of Institute of Brewing and Distilling professional organization/body is an added advantage.
- Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale
- Passionate about innovations in CVE and product development or design.
- Experience with managing and leading multi-cultural teams for high performance
- Management of Brewing and Utilities Processes
- Management of Production Processes
- Management of Maintenance Processes
- Financial Planning and Value Creation
- Project Management
- Change management and process improvement
- Digital TPM, Agile, Virtual Support
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Team Management & development
Why Join Us?
- Attractive remuneration and benefits.
- Paid time off
- Employee mental health assistance programme
- Medical insurance for employees, spouses and children.
- Life insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Grants for car ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- Free onsite crèche
- Recreational facilities e.g. swimming pool, tennis court.
Embracing and celebrating diversity is core to Nigerian Breweries’ purpose of “brewing the joy of true togetherness to inspire a better world”. We believe that people as diverse as our brews – including and not limited to gender, ethnicity, age, religious beliefs, nationality, social background, disability and thinking style – enrich our lives and strengthen our business. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates as we champion a culture of belonging that provides fair and equal opportunities for all.
Revenue AnalystNigerian Breweries | Lagos
Revenue ManagementRM is a holistic approach to support Category Revenue Growth agenda in a competitive and profitable way. Holistic RM spreads across 5 pillars, Brand Strategic Pricing, Pack Price Architecture, Mix Management, Promotional and Trade Terms Mgmt.Key ResponsibilitiesPrepare disciplined analytics and insights (combining internal and external data, financial and non-financial) per Pillar and communicate / present.Build and update Excel / PBI based platforms and tools to support key stakeholders.Continuously communicate and drive RM insights into execution focusing on improving Revenue/HL and FGPUpdating and keep track of the RM Data Governance, which covers all Data used by the RM team for analysesConduct quarterly pricing review to identify potential RM benefits (based on RM analytics, market intelligence, etc) and set guardrails on channel / customer pricing, promo, trade terms, and mix execution, e.g.:Brand Portfolio Pricing & Pack-Price Architecture: Set optimum brand price indexes, conduct Channel Pack Price Architecture white space analytics and recommend new pack launches, translate optimal brand index to SKU list price and recommended shelf price, set net 2 and 3 price guardrails and monitor consumer and net price realization by SKU/channel/accountMix: Analyse current mix performance, identify mix opportunities, support prioritization of SKU mix based on profitability-potential analytics, help set SKU mix allocation and track executionPromotions: Continuously track promo performance (uplift, ROI) using promo analytics tool and set mandatory promo guardrails by channel, account, brand, pack typeDiscounts & Trade Terms: Identify profit pool opportunities and defensibility risks, set Trade Term framework and guardrails; support TT negotiations on how to improve SMART conditionalityResponsible for setting and continuous tracking of RM objectives within OpCo business strategy, e.g.Track & monitor RM performance throughout the year vs targets/guardrailsEscalate out-of-guardrail pricing, promo or trade terms for sign-offDrive continuous RM improvement cycle: Conduct annual RM assessment; define and execute resulting RM agenda for coming yearTrain relevant functions with OpCo on RM topics/toolsDrive continuous improvement of RM content & processes within the OpCoSupport other functions within the OpCo on RM topics & processes , e.g.:Support Finance on allocation of resources/funding by accounts, brands and pack types and help Finance set RM targets based on collective insights and recommendationsSupport Sales with development of account plans and promo calendar within RM guardrailsSupport Marketing with setting optimal brand / portfolio pricing (e.g. based on elasticities)Support innovation agenda with RM market insights (on pricing / positioning / white spaces)Manage interaction and collaboration between different functions/roles on RM topicsPosted 15 Jul
Process And Control Improvement (P&CI) Manager, Supply ChainNigerian Breweries | Lagos
Nigerian Breweries Plc is offering an exciting opportunity to enrich your career development. Would you be interested in supporting the business to improve on the Risk Management and Process & Control Environment? The core activities of the P&CI Manager- Supply Chain include to oversee Controls Monitoring, Process & Control Management, Risk Management & Compliance, and Assurance Activities. P&CI Manager needs to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.Key ResponsibilitiesThe P&CI Manager is to support the Head Process and Control Improvement Manager in the following areas: 1) Controls Monitoring, 2) Process & Control Management and 3) Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Additional areas include:4) Risk Management,5) Compliance6) Fraud Management 7) Assurance.The P&CI Manager need to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.Provide support to the Head P&CI to ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard or Local Management approved procedure.Identify improvement opportunities in performing the assigned tasks, through business or technical knowledge, and escalation for immediate action.Jointly drive with Local Management the design and documentation of business processes and controls, applying the global process design and management methodology.Ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes, including Process Performance Indicator (PPI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined by the Business. Ensure PPIs and KPIs are monitored on an ongoing basis to identify any risks or opportunities for improvements (processes & controls). Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard by Local Management.Provide support to the Head P&CI to monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.Support in developing key control framework and execution of internal controls over financial review.Ensure that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently tested. Be responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.Provide support to the Head P&CI to lead the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response and monitor existing and emerging risks.Support in driving the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management (RM) framework by ensuring relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drive the creation of risk responses.Support in conducting Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business, ensures relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drives the creation of risk responses. This also includes new and emerging risks. Develop specific action plans to mitigate, accept or transfer risk and monitors progress on an ongoing basis. Provide support to the Head P&CI to improve fraud detection and prevention. Raise fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures. Drive fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and addressing them through strong process and control design and testing. Support fraud investigation when requested by Local Management, Global Legal Affairs or Global Audit. Plan, lead and execute business process oriented internal control reviews, compliance audits and activities that deliver the P&CI plan to provide the business with comfort in the internal control environment.Support and/or execution of audits in global audits (inside or outside of the OpCo) at the request of the Audit Committee, via Global Audit.Execute process and compliance audit of vendors.Prepare reports which includes remediation plans etc.Define and execute remediation plans (in agreement with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.Provide support to the Head P&CI to embed a process improvement culture, drive process and control improvement and realize benefits. Drive a culture of continuous improvement, benchmarking and innovation. Build process improvement capabilities through training and people development.Posted 15 Jul